Welcome to the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association
The Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association (VLP) provides free civil legal assistance to low-income residents of Greater Boston, primarily through the pro bono services of private attorneys. With your help, VLP makes access to justice possible for people who cannot afford a lawyer. Find out about our volunteer opportunities for attorneys and law students.
Please join us. Your time is precious. Use it to make a difference.
Congratulations Award Recipients
Jessica Baker, Esq. - Denis Maguire Pro Bono Award
Edward Burns, Esq. - Senior Partners for Justice Gideon's Trumpet Award
Hon. Raymond Dougan - Yvette Mendez Award
Esther Lardent, Esq. Founder's Award
Thank you to all who attended VLP's annual reception and to all the volunteer attorneys, law students and others who gave their time in the past year. Watch for photos of the reception soon...
October is Pro Bono Month
Let us help you celebrate. Click to find out how.
- MCLE - 16th Annual New England Bankruptcy Law Conference 2014, Nov 5
- SSI and SSDI Basics (November 13, 2014), Nov 13
- Bankruptcy/Consumer Mentoring Group and Brown Bag Lunch (THIRD Tuesday of the Month), Nov 18
- Guardianship Mentoring Roundtable & Brown Bag Lunch (3rd Wednesday of the Month), Nov 19
- Family Law Mentoring Roundtable & Brown Bag Lunch - 4th Tuesday this Month, Nov 25
- VLP - Orientation for New Volunteer Attorneys, Dec 1
- Unemployment Insurance -- Helping Out-of-Work Clients Navigate the Unemployment System (December 3, 2014), Dec 3
- Landlord-Tenant Mentoring Group (2nd Tuesday of Month), Dec 9
- View more
Did You Know?
You can sign up online for many VLP trainings and court-based projects. Go to Volunteerhub and click on the event you are interested in. You will need to be logged in to Volunteerhub to sign up.
You can find pro bono opportunities throughout Massachusetts at massprobono.org.