Welcome to the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association
The Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association (VLP) provides free civil legal assistance to low-income residents of Greater Boston, primarily through the pro bono services of private attorneys. With your help, VLP makes access to justice possible for people who cannot afford a lawyer. Find out about our volunteer opportunities for attorneys and law students.
Please join us. Your time is precious. Use it to make a difference.
Thank You Volunteers!
2013 Volunteer Appreciation Reception
Clockwise from top left: Denis Maguire Award recipient Attorney Lawrence Wind, Senior Partners for Justice Gideon's Trumpet Award recipient Attorney Joanne Moses, Denis Maguire Award Recipient Attorney Thomas Beauvais, ABA President-Elect William Hubbard shows off his gift from SJC Justice Ralph Gants while Judge Edward M. Ginsburg, BBA President-Elect Julia Huston, and VLP Board Chair Richard McCarthy look on.
See more photos from the reception here.
- Landlord-Tenant Mentoring Group (2nd Tuesday of Month), Mar 11
- Bankruptcy/Consumer Mentoring Group and Brown Bag Lunch (THIRD Tuesday of the Month), Mar 18
- Guardianship Mentoring Roundtable & Brown Bag Lunch (3rd Wednesday of the Month), Mar 19
- VLP Training - Combined Family Law 101 and 102, Mar 20
- Family Law Mentoring Roundtable & Brown Bag Lunch (4th Wednesday of the Month), Mar 26
- MCLE - Bankruptcy Law - Things to Be Sure You've Checked Before Filing Your Client's Bankruptcy Case, Apr 10
- VLP - Family Law 102, Apr 15
- Guardianship Mentoring Roundtable & Brown Bag Lunch (3rd Wednesday of the Month), Apr 16
- View more
Sign Up for Trainings and Court Projects Online
Go to Volunteerhub to sign up online for VLP trainings and to volunteer for lawyer for the day and other court-based projects. You will need to register for and log in to Volunteerhub.