Welcome to the Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association
The Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association (VLP) provides free civil legal assistance to low-income residents of Greater Boston, primarily through the pro bono services of private attorneys. With your help, VLP makes access to justice possible for people who cannot afford a lawyer. Find out about our volunteer opportunities for attorneys and law students.
Please join us. Your time is precious. Use it to make a difference.
Pictured (left to right): Hon. Raymond Dougan, VLP Board President Joseph Kaigler, Sr., VLP Executive Director Sheila Hubbard, Esq., Edward Burns, Esq., Jessica Baker, Esq.
Jessica Baker, Esq. - Denis Maguire Pro Bono Award
Edward Burns, Esq. - Senior Partners for Justice Gideon's Trumpet Award
Hon. Raymond Dougan - Yvette Mendez Award
Esther Lardent, Esq. - Founder's Award
Thank you to all who attended VLP's annual reception and to all the volunteer attorneys, law students and others who gave their time in the past year. Watch for photos of the reception soon.
Click here to read more about the reception on the Boston Bar Association website.
**A special thank you to our event sponsor Bank of America.
- Family Law Mentoring Roundtable & Brown Bag Lunch - 4th Tuesday this Month, Dec 23
- Cash Assistance for Massachusetts Families and Individuals: TAFDC & EAEDC (January 15, 2015), Jan 15
- Representing Debtors in Debt Collection Suits: Making Creditors Prove Ownership of Debts, Jan 15
- Food Stamps/ SNAP Nutrition Benefits: Advocacy 101 (February 4, 2015), Feb 4
- State and Federal Veterans Benefits (February 4, 2015), Feb 4
- VLP Training - Unemployment Insurance Appeals, Feb 17
- Elder Benefits Programs (February 25, 2015), Feb 25
- Immigrants and Public Benefits (March 12, 2015), Mar 12
- View more
You can find pro bono opportunities throughout Massachusetts at massprobono.org.