Administrative and Development Support
Administrative Support Tasks include:
- Maintain case records by posting email messages and other materials into the database, including follow up work and setting next inquiry date.
- Contact volunteer lawyers by email or phone as needed for case updates.
- Assist staff attorneys with projects such as internet research and contacting past clients to assess satisfaction with services.
- Assist paralegal staff in case preparation and closing, including organizing documents and obtaining records from court.
- Create spreadsheets, do data entry on donations, and other office work.
- If needed, assist staff with client intake, providing basic information to clients, and handling copying and other tasks for volunteer and staff attorneys at weekly housing or guardianship court project. This requires availability on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday mornings. It is not necessary to have this availability to apply for an internship.
Development Tasks Include:
- Researching available grants.
- Updating donor database.
- Developing marketing materials.
- Ability to work independently, good organizational skills and careful attention to detail.
- Professional communication skills (phone and email) for contacting volunteer attorneys.
- Work experience, preferably including work at an office.
- Initiative and reliability.
- Schedule availability for at least 8 hours a week during office hours (9-5) preferably divided between two days per week. There is no work available outside office hours.