Pro Bono Opportunities
VLP offers volunteer opportunities for lawyers, students, paralegals, and non-legal professionals. Law students, undergraduates, and paralegals click here for more information.
- Landlord-Tenant, representing tenants and low-income landlords
- Homeownership, including cases for first-time home buyers
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Family Law, with a focus on cases helping custodial parents achieve economic independence
- Guardianship of Minors
- Guardianship of Incapacitated Adults
- Bankruptcy, primarily Chapter 7
- Wills, Advance Directives, and Basic Probate matters
- Unemployment Insurance denials and terminations
- Fair Debt Collection
- Tax assistance, not including filing income taxes
- Appellate cases, particularly in fair debt collection cases, in coordination with VLP's Appeals Clinic.
If you are not yet a VLP panel member, browse our sample cases to see common types of cases we handle.