If taking an ongoing case does not fit into your schedule, VLP offers many short-term pro bono opportunities that allow you to volunteer for a discrete block of time on a particular day. Your commitment does not extend beyond that day.
Short-Term Pro Bono Projects include:
Clinics and Lawyer for the Day tables
- Boston Housing Court Lawyer for the Day & Landlord Clinics
- Family Law Clinic in the Suffolk County Probate and Family Court
- Fair Debt Collection Lawyer for the Day in several courts in Greater Boston
- Guardianship Clinics
- Consumer Law Discovery Clinics
- Bankruptcy Clinics
- Civil Appeals Clinics
- Wage Theft Clinics
Advice online and on the phone
- Trusts and Estates Advice Helpline
- Telephone Advice Panels in Family, Probate, Housing, and Consumer Law
- Online Advice through MA Legal Answers Online
- Guardianship Report Review in several courts across the Commonwealth
We encourage you to sign up ahead of time online for these projects by clicking the button below.
The usual conflict of interest rules do not apply to these projects. Please see Rule 6.5 of the MA Code of Professional Conduct about Nonprofit and Court-Annexed Limited Legal Services Programs.